Station Area Vision
This station is one of two new stations opening in late 2004. A new plan calls for a lively and vibrant transit center including single-family and multifamily residential, retail, hotel, and office uses. The main focus of this transit area is the Boulevard at the Capital Centre, a high profile, lifestyle center combining retail, dining, and entertainment. With over a half million square feet, this beautifully landscaped outdoor center includes more than 70 national and local stores and a multi-screen movie theater in a "Main Street" setting.
Largo Town Center Metrorail Station
- Located west of Lottsford Road, south of Arena Drive, and north of Central Avenue (MD 214).
- There are no known environmental constraints on the station area site.
- The nearest communities are Lake Arbor and Largo.
- The General Plan places this station in the Developing Tier and classifies it as a Metropolitan Center.
- This station is included in the Morgan Boulevard-Largo Town Center Sector Plan.
- Access is via Landover Road (MD 202), Harry S Truman Drive, Arena Drive, Lottsford Road, and Brightseat Road.
Summary of Allowable Uses
The land uses planned within one-half mile of the Metro station are commercial, office, and retail. The Morgan Boulevard and Largo Town Center Metro Areas Sector Plan is the applicable sector plan for this station.
Sites in Public Ownership
WMATA owns 22.0 acres including the station and parking area.
- Bike Parking: There are 9 bike racks and 48 lockers available at this station.
- Car Sharing is available at this station.
- 2,200 spaces
- 141-space metered surface lot
- 4 Metrobus routes
- 3 THE BUS route
- Transit Ridership
- 5,764 entries
- 5,838 exits