Tracy Barone has been working for not-for-profits and government entities for the majority of her 26-year career. Prior to accepting her current position with the Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission, Ms. Barone served as:
- Associate Director of the National Association for State Community Services Programs-Weatherization Assistance Program Technical Assistance Center
- Compliance Manager for the Lackawanna County Community Development Agency
- Executive Director of the Beaver County Planning Commission
- Executive Director of the Scranton-Lackawanna County Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Land Use Planner with the Lackawanna County Regional Planning Commission
- Outdoor Recreation Planner with the National Park Service
She has acquired and administered approximately $200 million in grant funds from various sources in multiple disciplines and has served on various boards. She is a member of AFP (Association of Fundraising Professionals) and has received her Fundamentals of Fundraising certification. Ms. Barone earned her B.S. in Public Administration and Affairs from the University of Scranton.