Yoga in the Parks
Yoga in the Parks is a FREE yoga program where classes take place in the beautiful outdoors. Enjoy the peace and serenity of a yoga class in one of our many scenic parks!
Our Yoga in the Parks classes take place from Memorial Day through Labor Day at M-NCPPC sites throughout Prince George’s County. Classes are scheduled for one hour and are designed for all fitness levels. Our classes are taught by Certified Yoga Instructors. Find a class at a park near you!
Benefits of Yoga
Yoga is an excellent form of exercise regardless of your age or practice level. It combines body movements, breathing, and mental relaxation while relieving stress and maintaining health and well-being. Learn basic moves to strengthen your body and increase your flexibility.
Program Locations & Registration
Classes may be canceled due to inclement weather or wet grounds. Call 301-927-0822 for weather-related cancellations.
Ages 13 & up. No classes on federal holidays (6/20 or 7/4).
Mondays, June 6-August 29, 6-7pm
Tucker Road Athletic Complex (located near the Ice Rink)
1770 Tucker Road Ft. Washington 20744
Register Here using activity code: 17680-479A
Tuesdays, May 31-August 30, 8:30-9:30 am
Watkins Regional Park (located near the ballfields)
301 Watkins Park Drive, Upper Marlboro 20774
Register Here using activity codes: 17680-279A & 17680-479B
Wednesdays, June 1-August 31, 7-8 pm
Bladensburg Waterfront Park (located near playground)
4601 Annapolis Road, Bladensburg 20710
Register Here using activity code: 17680-479C
Thursdays, June 2-September 1, 8:30-9:30 am
Woodmore Towne Centre Park (located on turf field)
9200 Ruby Lockhart Blvd, Lanham 20706
Register Here using activity codes: 17680-479D & 17680-579A
Saturdays, June 4-September 3, 9-10 am
Marlton Park (located near ball court)
8061 Croom Road, Upper Marlboro 20772
Register Here using activity codes: 17680-479E & 17680-579B
Saturdays, June 4-September 3, 9:15-10:15 am
Lake Artemesia (located near restrooms)
8200 55th Avenue, Berwyn Heights 20740
Register Here using activity codes: 17680-479F & 17680-579C
Classes are for ages 13 & up. Participants must sign a waiver to participate in each class. For assistance with registration, contact the Customer Service Help Desk at 301-699-2255. For more information, e-mail email@example.com.
The Department of Parks and Recreation encourages and supports the participation of individuals with disabilities. Register at least two weeks before the program start date to request and receive a disability accommodation.
Before You Come to Class
- Do not attend class if you are sick.
- Please bring your own yoga mat and equipment with you to class.
- Online class registration via Parks Direct is encouraged prior to attend class. Children ages 18 and under must be registered by a parent or guardian.
- Please arrive at class on time. If you are more than 5 minutes late to class, your spot may be forfeited to another participant.
- There is no guaranteed access to water fountains or restroom facilities at class locations; please come prepared.
- COVID-19 GUIDELINES: Face coverings are no longer required outdoors in the parks but are encouraged for unvaccinated individuals.
- Please check in with staff upon arrival and follow the directions of staff and signs. Participants should remain 6 feet apart at all times.
- Instructors will provide verbal cues only. There will be no direct contact.