Fitness in the Parks
Fitness in the Parks is a FREE exercise program that provides a variety of fitness opportunities within parks and natural areas across Prince George's County! We invite you to find the class that best suits your fitness goals and to come discover the benefits of exercising in nature.
Our Fitness in the Parks classes take place during spring, summer, and fall at M-NCPPC sites throughout Prince George's County. Classes are approximately one hour and are designed for all fitness levels. Our classes are taught by Certified Fitness Instructors. Find a class at a park near you!
Benefits of Exercising Outdoors
Exercising outdoors provides an opportunity to be physically active in a constantly changing environment. Using your local park, running on a nearby trail or simply walking around your neighborhood are all great ways to meet your neighbors and your fitness goals! While exercise can enhance your physical health, it can improve your mental health too.
Program Locations & Registration
Fitness in the Parks classes will resume in 2022. Please check back later for class information.
Participants must register for classes through Parks Direct using the links above or keyword search "Fitness in the Parks". Classes are for ages 13 & up. Participants must sign a waiver to participate in each class. For assistance with registration, contact the Customer Service Help Desk at 301-699-2255. For more information, e-mail email@example.com.
Classes may be canceled due to inclement weather or wet grounds. Call 301-927-0822 for weather-related cancellations.
The Department of Parks and Recreation encourages and supports the participation of individuals with disabilities. Register at least two weeks before the program start date to request and receive a disability accommodation.
Before You Come to Class
- Do not attend class if you are sick.
- Please bring your own equipment with you to class. No equipment will be provided at this time.
- Online class registration via Parks Direct is required prior to attending class. Children ages 18 and under must be registered by a parent or guardian.
- You must have a Parks Direct account and be a verified Prince George’s County resident to register for classes.
- Please arrive at class on-time. If you are more than 5 minutes late to class, your spot may be forfeited to another participant.
- There is no guaranteed access to water fountains or restroom facilities at class locations; please come prepared.
- COVID-19 GUIDELINES: Face coverings are required for all indoor venues and crowded outdoor venues including concerts, festivals, and ticketed sporting events. Face coverings are no longer required outdoors in the parks, but are encouraged for unvaccinated individuals.
- Please check-in with staff upon arrival and follow the directions of staff and signs. Participants must remain 6 feet apart at all times.
- Instructors will provide verbal cues only. There will be no direct contact.
- Participants must leave the class area at the end of class. No group gatherings.