Junior Park Ranger Program
M-NCPPC Junior Ranger Challenge
The beauty of Prince George’s County shows itself through the various natural areas found throughout County. Recreational pursuits can be found by visiting the numerous parks, trails, lakes and rivers, leading to a love of the outdoors and a stewardship of nature.
The rich history of Prince George’s County can also be discovered by visiting landmarks and historic sites. This helps you understand our past and enables you to use this knowledge to prepare yourself for the future.
Becoming a Junior Ranger will help you appreciate living in or visiting Prince George’s County.
To become a Junior Ranger, you must earn 15 Fox Points by doing any or all of the following activities:
- Visit different nature centers, historical museums, parks, archaeological sites and trails in the County
- Attend programs at our parks, nature centers, Dinosaur Park and museums
- Attend a Park Ranger program
- Camp at any of our three campgrounds located in the County
- Fish at our lakes, rivers or ponds
Park Ranger Programs
Join the Park Rangers for exciting outdoor programs. Earn 2 Fox Points for each Ranger program you participate in.
For all Ranger programs, you must register online through SMARTlink. For more information, call the Park Ranger Office at 301-627-7755.
- Archery with a Ranger
- Kayaking with a Ranger
- Fishing with a Ranger
- Trot for a Turkey Run/Walk
- Jug Bay 10K/5K "Run for Wildlife" and 3K Fun Walk
- Suitland Bog Tour