Watkins Regional Park
301 Watkins Park Drive
Upper Marlboro, MD 20774
301-218-6700; TTY 301-218-6768
301-218-6702; TTY 301-699-2544
Picnic Area Reservations
301-699-2400; TTY 301-699-2544
Athletic Field Permits/Status
301-446-6800; TTY 301-446-6802
Facilities within the Park:
The Watkins Regional Park offers primitive tent camping for small or large groups, no RV’s. There are thirty (30) individual sites and three (3) group sites at the Park. The camp sites are open March 1-November 15. Comfort stations with hot showers are available for use.
The individual camp sites are available for groups of six (6) people or less with no more than two (2) adults, and are offered on a first come, first served basis.
The group sites are for registered groups of fifteen (15) to thirty (30) people and must be reserved in advance. Registered groups such as scouts, church groups, and schools must provide a list of all campers and vehicle tag numbers. Reservations must be cancelled at least 48 hours in advance. An after-hours drop box is available at the camp entrance for late night, weekend and holiday arrivals.
Reservations can be made at Watkins Nature Center, Monday-Friday from 9 am- 4:30 pm (301.218-6702). Payment is due when reservation is made.
individual camp sites (6 or fewer people): *RESERVATIONS RECOMMENDED:
||Seniors Non-County Residents
group amp sites (15-30 people) *REQUIRES RESERVATION:
For reservations please call the Watkins Nature Center at 301-218-6702,
Monday-Friday, 8:30 am-4 pm.
REGISTRATION: 9 am-4:30 pm Monday-Friday
- Each camper/camping unit must be registered and paid within each 24-hour period, 12 noon to 12 noon. Check out is 12 noon.
- No refunds.
- Maximum stay is TWO (2) WEEKS for each camper/camping unit. It is mandatory to vacate the campground for a minimum of two (2) weeks before returning. A maximum stay of fourteen (14) days in any 28-day period shall be strictly enforced.
- Camper registrants must be an adult (18 years or older) who has a SMARTlink account.
- Camper registrants shall present a current and valid driver’s license as identification upon registration and/or a picture ID such as a college, school, military or employer’s ID.
- Checks are acceptable upon presentation of two (2) valid IDs, one of which should be a picture ID.
- It is not permissible for individuals to register under different names in order to extend their stay beyond the limits listed herein.
- All campers under the age of 18 are considered to be minors and must be accompanied by an adult.
- There shall be a maximum limit of one (1) camping unit per site. A camping unit is defined as one of the following:
a. Tent (2 permitted per individual site)
b. Pull-behind trailer or “pop-up” camper
c. Self-contained (such as a Winnebago)
d. Pick-up truck-mounted camper or shell [Some sites do not have grates]
- The number of campers using the site and camping unit shall not exceed six (6) persons.
- The M-NCPPC permit must be shown at all times in the designated display case located at each campsite.
- QUIET HOURS: 10 pm-7 am. Please respect your neighbor.
- Pets must be leashed at all times.
- Fires are permitted in designated areas only (fire pit and/or grills). Gas stoves and charcoal grills are permitted. Please do not use wood from surrounding park area.
- Please do not block roadways.
- Each camper is responsible for the cleanliness of their site.
- There is no electricity or waste removal.
- Only registered campers are permitted to use comfort stations and showers.
Download a map of the park (148 kb)
(You must have Adobe Reader to read these files. Download Adobe Reader. )
Located just minutes from the Capital Beltway.
From the Capital Beltway (I-495), take Exit 15A (Central Avenue) east. Continue for approximately three miles. Turn right onto Watkins Park Drive (MD 193) and follow the park signs to the facility.
From MD 301, turn onto Central Avenue (MD 214) west. Continue for approximately three miles (past Six Flags America). Turn left onto Watkins Park Drive and follow to the park entrance on the right.
Need a Ride?