Update as of July 1, 2020
All boat tours remain canceled until further notice. We apologize for the inconvenience. For more information, please call 301-779-0371
Anacostia River Pontoon Boat Tours
Come aboard our pontoon boat for an interpretive river boat tour of the scenic Anacostia River! Public boat tours run on select days from April to October*. Boat tours are open to the general public (individuals, families, and friends). Please see below for Group Boat Tour information.
Tour Start Time
- Thursdays and Fridays: Noon
- Saturdays and Sundays: 5 pm.
- Resident - $2
- Non-resident - $3
Boat tour tickets are sold at the park office the day of the tour. Limited seating is available for pre-purchase by calling the park office at 301-779-0371 during the week of the scheduled tour.
- Tickets sales end 10 minutes before the boat tour departure.
- All ticket sales are final. No refunds will be given unless the tour is canceled by park staff.
- All ages welcome. Persons 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- All passengers must wear a life vest (issued before boarding).
- Boat tours may be canceled due to inclement weather.
*Boat Tour season start and end dates are subject to change based on weather/river conditions and temperatures.
Group Boat Tours
Get your group outdoors and on the river! We welcome schools, groups, businesses, and organizations to call ahead and schedule a paid private boat tour separate from the regularly scheduled public tours. Private boat tours can be general river interpretation or themed such as "Wetlands," "War of 1812," "Native Americans," "History of Bladensburg," and more.
- Fees apply, based on length of boat tour and/or program. Please call 301-779-0371 to book your tour today.
The free public boat ramp allows access to the Anacostia River and points south of Bladensburg. Access to the lower portions of the Anacostia River may be limited due to changes in the tide and the depth of the water. Parking is on a first come, first served basis. The park hosts various large events and functions, as well as crew team practices. Paddlers with personal watercraft are welcome. Please call ahead, especially if you need to leave a trailer on site.
The Community Boathouse
The Community Boathouse is available to rent for storage of canoes, kayaks, and rowing shells for individuals and teams. Monthly rates are based on inside and outside storage options and size/type of boat. Storage is currently full. Please call 301-779-0371 for more information or to be added to the wait list.